Apple Valley has five major strategies to increase economic opportunities for our residents:
- Act as a partner to guide vitality through new development, redevelopment, and offer support to existing commercial properties.
- Attract businesses focused on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and provide opportunities for a well-educated and fairly compensated workforce.
- Attract large employers primarily in the designated Mixed Business Campus area.
- Connect Apple Valley to the region in new ways by using advances in communication, technology, and transit.
- Unify and encourage redevelopment in the downtown area using the Cedar Avenue and County Road 42 road and transit system improvements as a trigger.
View the Economic Development Chapter
of the 2030 Comprehensive Plan