An NRMP is required if you disturb 3,500 square feet or 20 cubic yards of soil or more. Contact Natural Resources at (952) 953-2463 with questions.
An NRMP is required for the following, regardless of the amount of soil disturbed:
- All commercial and industrial projects
- Garage additions
- In-ground pools
- New home construction
- Residential home additions (decks, family rooms, porches)
- Retaining walls 4 feet high and higher
- Significant tree removal (City Ordinance Section 152.46)
An NRMP is also required for landscaping projects disturbing 3,500 square feet or greater.
Obtaining a Permit
- Check with Building Inspections to see if a building permit is required.
- Submit your plans along with your building permit and NRMP application.
- You will be contacted after review of your application.
- Submit your fees and pick up your permit at:
Apple Valley Municipal Center
7100 147th St. W.
Apple Valley, MN 55124
Keep in Mind
- Erosion and sediment control measures must be in place before any clearing or grading begins. These temporary controls help contain sediment on your property and keep it out of our storm sewers, lakes, ponds, and wetlands.
- Once your control measures are in place, call Natural Resources at (952) 953-2463 to schedule an erosion control inspection prior to the start of your project.