Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
- 7:00 pm
- First Thursday of January, March, May, September, and November
- Apple Valley Municipal Center
7100 147th St. W.
Apple Valley, MN 55124
|Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- Lee Strom, Chair
- Noel Hammill
- Cindy Hart
- Darrell Retka
- Brenton Schulz
- Nick Suchy, Youth Representative
- Patrick Sullivan Jr.
The seven-member Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee's purpose is to advise the City Council on matters pertaining to the planning and development of parks in the city, as well as the interpretation, preservation, and promotion of the historical heritage of Apple Valley.
The duties and responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Act as a hearing board for citizen concerns regarding the parks and the trail system
- Foster and enhance historical preservation in our city
- Make other recommendations to the City Council with respect to park dedication, historical preservation, and other general citizen input
- Make recommendations to the City Council for a comprehensive park plan and comprehensive trail plan
- Make recommendations to the City Council regarding the development and implementation of bond issues for development of parks in the city
- Perform any other parks or historical preservation related tasks as may be assigned by the City Council
- Recommend to the City Council ordinances or resolutions regarding the park system
- Review all proposed housing developments for park planning and make recommendations to the City Council and Planning Commission on proposed park and trail dedications