Water Efficiency Rebate
The Metropolitan Council, through funding from the Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment, has awarded the City of Apple Valley a $29,000 water efficiency grant. The goal of the water efficiency grant program is to improve municipal water use in cities that are supplied with 100% groundwater and identified as having water supply issues by helping to conserve water use. As a result of this grant funding the City of Apple Valley, through a partnership with Dakota County, is offering rebates to residents who replace existing devices with specified water efficient devices purchased between January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022 (or until funds are depleted). Click Here for additional information on the Met Council grant program.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The rebate program is only available to property owners who are customers of the City of Apple Valley’s water supply system. Expenses eligible for the rebate include the out-of-pocket cost of the replacement device, taxes not included. New construction and new development are ineligible as this program is intended as a current infrastructure replacement program. Eligible rebates include the following:
- Toilets – 50% of cost up to a maximum of $100 for toilets replaced with a US EPA WaterSense labeled toilet
- Irrigation (lawn sprinkler) Controllers - 50% of cost up to a maximum of $150 for irrigation controllers replaced with a US EPA WaterSense labeled controller
- Clothes Washing Machines – Flat amount of $150 for washing machines replaced with a US DOE Energy Star labeled machine
- Irrigation System Audits -- Flat amount of $150 for having an audit by an Irrigation Professional certified by a US EPA WaterSense program
- Click Here for a list of WaterSense toilets or irrigation controllers
- Click Here for a list of DOE Energy Star washing machines
- Click Here for a list of Irrigation Professionals certified by a US EPA WaterSense program @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Rebate funds are limited! Rebates will be processed in the order they are received until funds are exhausted or through June 30, 2022, whichever comes first. Submit your receipt of qualifying purchase with a completed rebate request form. Rebate forms must be received before July 31, 2022 to be eligible, assuming funds are still available.
Clothes Washer & Toilet Rebate Request Form - Click here
Smart Irrigation Controller & Irrigation Audit Rebate Request Form - Click Here
Rebate applications and receipts can be submitted the following ways:
Or Fax to:
Or Mail to:
Dakota County Water Savings
14955 Galaxie Avenue
Apple Valley, MN 55124
You may be selected for inspection in order to verify products have been installed. Rebates will be issued as credits on the next water bill following receipt/approval of appropriate documentation.
Receipts must clearly show:
- Date of purchase
- Product Information (SKU &/or Model name)
- Payment method @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Who is eligible for the water efficiency rebates?
- Is there a limit to the number of rebates per address?
- Are multi-unit complexes eligible for the water efficiency rebate program?
- I just installed a qualifying product in 2019, am I eligible for the water efficiency rebate?
- What documentation is required to receive the Water Efficiency Rebate?
- How do I know what products are eligible for the Water Efficiency Rebate Program?
- When will I receive my rebate?
- Are inspections required to receive the water efficiency rebate?
- What permits might be required?
- How do I know if funds are available?
- Can I get a rebate for the devices in my new home?
- What is a WaterSense Irrigation Controller?