Fire Prevention Week 2023!
Open House at Fire Station #1 Tuesday, October 10th, 6PM - 8PM
Open House at Fire Station #3 Thursday, October 12th, 6PM - 8PM
*No Open House at Station #2 due to construction*
Proudly serving Apple Valley, Minnesota Since 1966
The Apple Valley Fire Department is a paid, on-call department that trains firefighters for optimal emergency response, from three fire stations strategically located throughout the city. We also promote fire safety through educational programs and inspections of new and existing businesses.
Become a Firefighter
For information on becoming an Apple Valley Firefighter click here.
Open to business in Apple Valley
Are you planning to open your new business in Apple Valley? We Welcome You!
Whether constructing a new building, moving into an existing space, or renovating/remodeling an existing space, the following information will help you meet the city requirements for all types of business.
Phone: 952-953-2600To provide contact information for ongoing inspections and emergency needs
To comply with Fire codes, including fire alarms and fire sprinkler systems
To obtain permits for the sale of fireworks and all fire related permits, the permit application is online: Permits.
To obtain the required inspection of a mobile food unit (truck or trailer) contact Brian Kilmartin, Fire Marshal at 952-953-2680
Licensed Open Burning Contractor form: Burning Permit
To comply with building and fire codes, including occupancy use.
To obtain permits for demolition, building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, SAC charges, and fire-related permits: Permits and inspections.
Additional resources (NOT all inclusive)
Secretary of State
Open To Business
MN Department of Agriculture
MN Department of Employment and Economic Development
MN Food Truck Association
- Does the city allow recreational fires?
- Are barbeque grills or recreational fires allowed on decks, balconies, or patios?
- Why is my smoke alarm chirping when I have no smoke?
- How do I know my smoke alarm is too old?
- When must I replace my fire extinguisher?
- The fire hydrant in my neighborhood is covered with snow - who do I call to come dig it out?
- My neighbor planted shrubs all around the hydrant in their yard. Is that ok?
- Do you offer tours of fire stations?
- Can the Fire Department help make sure my infant car seat is installed correctly?