Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Rockport, LLC AUAR
Ensure you are prepared for the cold temperatures this winter. All building systems, including furnaces and other heating system elements, should be maintained in proper working order and capable of performing the function for which they are designed. Read on...
Code awareness and compliance promotes the health, safety, and appeal of our community. The code process in Apple Valley is complaint driven and relies on assistance from the public. Here is how you can get in touch with us. Read on...
Excessive accumulation of personal belongings and waste within the home can lead to potentially unsafe conditions. These conditions can affect the safety of the occupant, neighbors, and public. Read on...