Summer is always a busy time of year with home projects, lawn maintenance, summer activities, sports, and vacations. Here are a few helpful ordinances to remember over the summer months:
1. Leftover yard waste can be properly disposed of: The Mulch Store: 1030 W Cliff Road (near Burnsville landfill). Phone: 952.736.1915; www.mulchstoremn.com; or by special arrangement with your trash hauler.
2. Grass must not exceed 8” in height.
3. Eliminate and control noxious weeds on your property.
a. A list of prohibited noxious weeds is available at the online codebook viewer on the city’s website at: http://www.ci.apple-valley.mn.us/. b. More information on noxious weed identification can be found at the U of MN extension service: http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/components/05620complete.pdf
4. Summer watering restrictions began on May 1st, which prohibit lawn watering between 11 AM and 6 PM thru September 30th.
5. When installing landscaping at your property remember to avoid blocking sightlines and keep out of right-of-way boulevard.
6. Throughout the summer months keep right of way areas free of obstructions such as portable basketball hoops, vehicles parked across sidewalks. Items left at the curb and labeled “FREE” should be properly disposed of.
7. Ensure address numbers are provided on your home and are visible to the street for identification by emergency responders.
Thank you for doing your part to keep Apple Valley a safe and attractive place to live work and recreate this summer! With questions, comments, or to report concerns with regard to any of the ordinances highlighted above please contact Ben Pierson in Code Enforcement by phone at 952.953.2571; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.