Does my business require a license from the City?
The city does not issue general business licenses, but does license certain business activities such as alcoholic beverage sales, coin-operated amusement devices, pawn brokers, precious metal dealers, vending carts, etc. Please contact City Hall for information on licensing a specific activity at (952) 953-2500.

The State of Minnesota, not the City, is responsible for new business licenses and registrations. The Secretary of State Office files and records original and amendment documents for all business, nonprofit, foreign, banking, insurance, and professional corporations, cooperatives, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited liability companies formed or doing business in this state.

Show All Answers

1. May I operate a business out of my home?
2. Does my business require a license from the City?
3. What are property setbacks?
4. How do I find my property lines?
5. Where may I construct a fence on my property?
6. Where may I construct a shed and/or a detached garage?
7. How does the Planning Department issue public notices about zoning and development issues?
8. What does this particular term mean?