What do I need to do to organize a block party?

The City of Apple Valley has barricades available for residents to use when closing off a public street for an event. Permission must be obtained from the Police Department, (952) 953-2700, prior to closing a street. After permission is received, arrangements for use of barricades are made through the Public Works Department. At all times the street must remain passable for emergency vehicles. Please note: No barricades are available for the Fourth of July holiday. Barricades must be reserved 24 hours in advance. The Public Works Department can be reached at (952) 953-2400 between the hours of 8:00 am. and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Barricades can be picked up or dropped off at the Central Maintenance Facility, 6442 140th St. W., between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Due to other obligations, City of Apple Valley employees are unable to assist citizens in the delivery or loading of barricades. Residents are required to sign in at the Central Maintenance front desk when picking up and dropping off barricades. Please bring your permission letter from the Police Department with you.

Show All Answers

1. What is Neighborhood Watch?
2. How does my neighborhood form a Neighborhood Watch Group?
3. What can I do to participate in Neighborhood Watch if I live in a rented property?
4. What is Business Watch?
5. What do I need to do to organize a block party?